Position Description :
If you desire an opportunity to help the Navy and Marine Corps, Serco has a great opportunity for you! As an HM&E General Engineer, you will be on a team that is evaluating and managing the delivery of new amphibious ships and landing craft to the fleet. Our team is led by a Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, each having decades of experience working in the DoD and Shipbuilding Industry. Our Naval Acquisition and Sustainment Operation provides critical services to nearly all U.S. Navy amphibious ships and craft. You will work closely with Government and industry professionals as well as shipbuilders and other support personnel. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors and Marines.
This position is contigent upon your ability to obtain and maintain an Interim DoD Secret level clearance post-employment.
Serco supports the U.S. Navy as a prime contractor providing amphibious warfare and expeditionary professional support services. We are committed to providing the U.S. Navy with the engineering and subject matter expertise to face all challenges, and welcome those with dedication, talent, and skill sets to join the Serco Amphibious Warfare Team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop Preliminary Engineering Proposals (PECPs), Waterfront Change packages, work items, and administrative packages.
- Verify ship construction is in accordance with specifications.
- Track and resolve technical issues.
- Develop briefs on ship construction issues.
- Interface with NAVSEA customers and support meetings.
- Participate in shipboard trial events and develop response rationale for Trial Cards.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with 1year of experience or 5 years of equivalent HM&E, Merchant Marine, or Navy experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% for work purposes.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- In-depth knowledge of shipbuilding (acquisition, design, production, and test and trials) is preferred.
- An understanding of NAVSEA and supporting organizational processes, roles, and responsibilities is highly desirable.
- Previous HM&E, Merchant Marine, or Navy experience is highly desirable.