Ingram Barge Company is looking to bring experienced deckhands on board for our line haul operations. We are now waiving the high school diploma/GED requirement for our experienced deckhands!
Before applying please note:
You may be assigned to any river segment or vessel type based upon Company needs at time of your hire. As an Ingram associate, you will be reliable for your own transportation to and from your hitches.
- Assist deck crew in tow building (laying wires, tighten ratchets, sweep and shovel barges)
- Daily vessel housekeeping (sweeping, mopping and cleaning crew living quarters)
- Assist with locking
- Carry rigging (ratchets, wires and straps) pumps, hoses and lines
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time in weather conditions such as heat/cold & rain/snow
- Check barges for water and leaks – which at times requires climbing into confined spaces
- Upkeep of vessel appearance includes sooging (washing), chipping and painting
- Assist the Engineer as requested
- Practice safe crew, vessel and tow operation using Ingram safety systems
- Participate in safety drills and audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Demonstration of the Ingram Way
- Ability to uphold Ingram’s high safety standards
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods (14, 21 or 28 day hitches)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond quickly in an unexpected circumstance
- Demonstration of critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong communication within all levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and acceptance of diversity
- Must be able to read/write the English language per USCG regulations
- Be able to obtain a valid TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Pass a post-offer process if an offer is made (background check, drug screen, physical)
- Be able to lift and carry up to 110 pounds for up to 1000 feet
- Be able to work in confined spaces often entered through a manhole
- Be able to climb a ladder and able to board and ride in a skiff
Must have Experience working on the River!!!
Walk in Interviews: Tues-Friday 9am to 3:30pm. Must obtain a Drivers Licenses.