As a Marina Yard Laborer, you will be responsible for completing a variety of tasks within a marina/boat yard environment. This includes, operating large equipment to move and transfer boats to be stored and worked on by our mechanical and boat maintenance team. This is a great opportunity if you love physical work outdoors and thrive at interacting closely with small teams.
Education And Experience
- Highschool or GED diploma preferred but not required.
- CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work outdoors in diverse weather conditions.
- Boatyard knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of power tools.
- Passionate about having outstanding customer interactions.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Operating Equipment such as forklift, travel lift, front end loader, Bobcat, Boom Truck, and Crane.
- Lifting blocking up to 25 pounds.
- Lifting boat stands up to 50 pounds.
- Blocking boats which consists of crawling under trailers.
- Boat Maintenance including painting, sanding, and grinding.
- Seasonal snow removal
- Knowledge and adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Work well as part of a close-knit team.
- Understand and follow instructions, directions, and safety rules in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear; handle, or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to lift/carry at least 50 pounds.
- Offer contingent upon successful passing of federal background check and drug screen prior to hire.
- Medical and dental insurance is offered to employees and qualified dependents, if elected.
- 401(k) employee contributions begin upon the first day of work with employer match after one year of employment, if elected.
- Company paid life insurance
- Accrual based Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Direct Deposit
- Career advancement opportunities!