- Maintain Water Vessels (Main Vessel 44-Passenger boat)
- Maintain Safety equipment (lifejackets, rescue boats, first aid kits, etc.)
- Ensure proper maintenance of small craft and large vessels.
- Ensures the supervision and safety of campers at all times .
- Ensure that passengers know and follow safe boating practices.
- Works with deckhand in landing, docking, using lines, mooring, etc.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness standards aboard vessels and on dock.
- Takes special note of individual camper health needs or concerns on a daily basis .
- Communicates personal or staff needs to Summer Program Director in a timely manner .
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates at a seasonal residential camp, both inside and outdoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear . The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
The usual camp workweek is six days on and one day off, including training, staff meetings, and regular duties. This summer camp position is exempt from minimum wage and overtime regulations per State of Washington wage and hour law.
This position is required to live onsite at camp. All travel required for work will be done by YMCA Authorized Drivers.
- 25 years of age or older.
- U.S. Coast Guard 25 Ton Masters License, Inland Waters
- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One or more years of college preferred.
- Must be able to pass drug test.
- Ability to participate in activities that involve rigorous activity in an outdoor setting, including, but not limited to hiking, boating, camping and swimming.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
- Passion for Excellence