Sportsman Boats & Phenom Yachts, boat builders located near Charleston, SC, are looking for a Manager of Engineering with experience in the boat manufacturing industry. If you like challenges, want to make a difference and share your experiences, this is the job for you! We are looking for a leader who is positive, confident and comfortable taking charge, sharing ideas, and solving problems.
Why Sportsman Boats?
- Sportsman and Phenom are privately owned, family businesses that promote employee well being
- We have built our foundation and grown to over 400 employees in 12 years - we are fine tuning our processes with a focus on continuous improvement, work documentation, and root cause analysis allowing us to continue to increase production to meet our high demand over the next 3 years
- Exceptional facilities and equipment in a temperature controlled environment with over 350,000 sq feet
- Employees feel appreciated! We have a culture of hard work, pride, appreciation, personal development, accountability, and commitment
- You will have the opportunity to work with the best in the business - over 100 years of marine experience in the leadership team
- Our customers absolutely love our boats!
What you will do:
- Reporting to the Director of Engineering, oversee and manage the engineering team, providing leadership, mentoring, and direction
- Support manufacturing in all aspects of boat building procedures, standards and documentation
- Facilitate resolutions and ensure written procedures are maintained
- Work with all departments, teams, vendors establishing results driven manufacturing production and driving quality initiatives
- Manage BOM, 3D files, engineering folders and ME related functions in addition to model year part changes, model year introductions and vendor accounts
- Oversee the ECR (Engineering Change Request) program, maintaining weekly progress reports and summary sheets of current and completed ECR’s
- Evaluate new model designs introduced in manufacturing
- Serve as plant liaison with PD&E
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Mechanical engineering degree
- 2 years supervisory or management experience working with marine manufacturing based technology, processes, and principles
- Experience in 3D modeling programs, MS Office, etc.
- Data analysis, including cost/budget analysis, make vs. buy calculations and, estimate vs. actual.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to visualize three-dimensional objects and construction methods.
- Critical problem solving involving multifaceted scenarios with interrelated considerations
- Strong time and project management; highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple duties
- Ability to lead and motivate a team