Summary: Provide troubleshooting, maintenance and repair and small boat mechanical systems and components in accordance with Navy guidance and OEM technical specifications as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical support relative to the operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of 7 & 11 meter RIB mechanical systems, subsystems and components:
- Works on Cummins QSB5.9 & Steyr SE 240 series engines, and associated Electronic Control Systems.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces electrical, mechanical, fuel, exhaust, cooling (hoses, thermostats, belts, valves, strainer), raw water pumps, injectors and injector pumps, turbochargers, alternators, starters, shut-down cables and all associated hardware, throttle control cables, shift cables, electric lift pumps, engine mounts/dampeners, valve adjustments, system flush and fluid replacement, diagnostics of electronically controlled engine systems and mechanically controlled fuel systems, complete overhaul of engines, full engine swap-outs with rotatable pool assets.
- Services, overhauls outdrives & jet drives; replaces u-joints; change oil
- Repairs/replaces trim cylinders, pumps, and hoses
- Repairs/replaces propellers, accomplishes PMS for u-joints and gimble bearings; replace bellows
- Services, overhauls and/or replaces engine-transmission couplers, replace fluids.
- Replaces shafts, replaces u-joints, replaces drive shaft support bearings and align, replace gimble bearings.
- Inspects/repairs/replaces helm wheel, all lines, cylinder, fluid, transom assembly.
- Inspect/repair/replace batteries, battery boxes, cables, terminals and hold-downs; navigation lights; barrel switches; breakers and switches; alarm indicators; loudhailers; gauges; antennas; GPS systems; strobe lights; neutral safety switches; bilge pumps.
- Reprograms/troubleshoots/replaces power distribution module (PDM), switch interface module (SIM), Repair/replace Man Overboard Indicator (MOBI) system components.
- Repairs and replace sponsons, including Military Boarding Chafe System (MBCS)
- Repairs and replaces Cushions, hand rails; consoles, storage box hinges, latches and push pins.
- Maintains and keeps ready for use small boat trailers.
- Operates motor vehicles – stake truck and motorized carts to transport tools and equipment to/from shop to work location (ships).
- Maintain shop cleanliness and organization
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years’ military or general experience in a respective trade with experience repairing and troubleshooting the aforementioned mechanical systems and components
- Comprehension & application of technical documentation - Manuals & drawings
- Knowledge of technical requirements required to maintain and service the aforementioned Marine equipment
- Knowledge of proper use of diagnostic equipment
- Knowledge in operation of various types of shop equipment; drill presses, media blasters, grinders & hydraulic presses
- Effective oral and written communication
- Basic computer operations
- Basic organizational skills
- Possess a valid driver license
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Marine and/or automotive mechanical experience.
- Ability to work in confined spaces of small craft
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise
- Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways (onboard ships)
- Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight
- Office, warehouse, laboratory, pier side, shipboard
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to loud
Epsilon Systems Partners and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.