The Barge Mate/AB performs all duties as assigned by the Captain, Chief Mate, and/or Barge Captain/AB.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Carry out all lawful orders.
- Report unsafe situations or opportunities for improvement.
- Perform duties safely and efficiently.
- Act as lookout as required.
- Work on deck as required.
- Conduct engine room rounds as required.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the vessel’s equipment.
- Carry out vessel and equipment cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Perform ballast water operations and assist with barge operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Captain or his designee.
- As Barge Mate:
- Carry out duties assigned by the Barge Captain.
- Stand watch during cargo operations.
- Maintain a log to note equipment and gear inventory.
- Ensure that the vessel is clean and sanitary with a good appearance and condition at all times.
- Ensure that deck equipment is in working order.
- Able Body Seaman.
- Tankerman-PIC (Dangerous Liquids).
- STCW endorsement for Rating Forming Part of Navigation Watch, Lifeboatmen or Survival Craft, GMDSS, VPDSD.
- Current Medical Certificate.
- Valid TWIC.
- 5 years' experience as a Tankerman aboard ATB Towing Vessels.
- Valid passport.
- Good leadership, organizational, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
Ability to work safely and navigate in a marine setting; walk, sit, or stand for extended periods of time; frequently reach with hands and arms; frequently crouch or stoop; climb/descend stairs and ladders; occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds; occasionally enter and work in confined spaces; travel a minimum of 50% of the year; and withstand exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, rain, cold and or/humidity.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Career development opportunities
- Team-oriented work environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance, Health Advocate, and Wellness Programs
- Generous 401(k) Plan with employer non-elective, matching, and discretionary contributions
- Company paid Financial Advice Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program