Freedom Boat Club is the nation's oldest and largest private member boat club and we are currently looking to add a highly customer-focused US Coast Guard Captain to our training staff. We are looking for a dynamic individual to handle training and on-boarding our club members through classroom and on the water training.
Good communication skills and friendly customer service required. The position will require weekend hours as needed and is part-time with flexible hours.
- Candidates must hold a US Coast Guard Captains License.
- Previous instructor experience is also highly desirable.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Boating experience in and around boats is required
- Vision adequate to read / manipulate hand held computer tablets
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
- Highly effective communications skills and friendly customer service is absolutely required
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working unsupervised
- High attention to detail
- Always operate with an emphasis on guest hospitality
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Maintain a cooperative, team attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees
Benefits for our part-time staff include access to club boats at preferred prices after 90 days of employment and a 401(k) plan with company match.