Terral River Service is currently looking for dependable and hard-working deckhands for our fleets and line boats. Experience is preferred but not required. TRS has a very aggressive training program for inter company advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
Applicants must be able to work a 28-day-on, 14-day-off or a 14-day-on, 7-day-off schedule. Job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Securing barges together (laying rigging)
- Securing boat to barges (facing boat up)
- Line handling
- General boat cleaning
- Minor engine room work (oil changes, greasing, etc.)
- Keeping maintenance logs, grocery orders, safety drills, etc
- YOU MUST BE COACHABLE!!!
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must pass 3 day deckhand orientation class
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC
- Must have and maintain a valid/current Drivers license.
- Must have dependable transportation to designated TRS locations, no exceptions
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends.
- Must meet "fit for duty" requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical, drug test, and MRI)
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 40 feet
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus