Software Engineering Manager Opportunity
Who we are:
Veson Nautical is a well-established and rapidly growing software company working to provide end-to-end logistical, operational, and analytical solutions to propel the efficiency and effectiveness of Maritime Commerce. The oldest shipowners, largest energy/cargo producers, and most complex trading houses use our software to manage their businesses in the most effective and efficient way!
As an engineering manager at Veson Nautical, you will be responsible for leading two software engineering teams that design and build software for our rapidly growing SaaS platform. We are looking for a candidate with experience managing development teams, and at the same time we are searching for someone who is a passionate coder who will lead by example.
Veson Nautical leverages many technologies across the platform, including C#, C++, SQL, TypeScript, React, and supporting frameworks in our day to day. We run a global deployment across multiple AWS regions, with a geographically dispersed user base.
- This role will involve managing two teams of developers, spending a comparable amount of time between team management activities and hands-on engineering tasks
- This role will guide the design and architecture our C++ business logic, contribute to the code base, and ensure seamless integrations with other systems in our organization
- This engineering manager will lead a team of developers, provide technical mentorship and coaching, and ensure timely delivery of high quality code
- 7+ years of experience in software development with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role is required
- A high level of proficiency with C++ is required, and expereince with SQL databases is preferred
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, decompose user stories, provide estimates, and meet deadlines is required
- Previous experience working on a large-scale SaaS platform is preferred
- Expereince with cloud-based microservice architecture is nice to have
Veson Nautical Offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Four weeks’ vacation to start plus 10 holidays
- Generous health, dental, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan + $250 employer contribution
- 401K + 4% employer match
- Transportation subsidy
- Friendly, informal work environment
- New Office in Boston’s Seaport District