The Deckhand reports to the Captain and Mate as appropriate.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carrying out all lawful orders.
- Reporting unsafe situations or opportunities for improvement.
- Performing duties safely and efficiently.
- Acting as lookout as required.
- Working on deck, including ship docking and tug mooring operations.
- Conducting engine room rounds as required.
- Being thoroughly familiar with vessel’s equipment.
- Carrying out vessel and equipment cleaning, maintenance duties.
- Other duties as designated by the Captain or his/her designee.
- Merchant Mariners Credential (MMC), or, if the applicable waterway is exempt from MMD requirements for mariners, the applicant must apply for a MMC within 60 days of their start date.
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- STCW certification (if required for service).
- USCG 719k Physical examination meeting Merchant Mariner Medical certification.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- Maritime experience working aboard a vessel.
- Excellent communication skills.
Position requires the ability to:
- Work safely in a marine setting.
- Walk, sit, or stand for extended periods of time.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently crouch or stoop.
- Climb/descend stairs and ladders.
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 lbs.
- Occasionally enter and work in enclosed spaces.
- Withstand exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, rain, cold and or/humidity.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Career development opportunities
- Team-oriented work environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance, Health Advocate, and Wellness Programs
- Generous 401(k) Plan with employer non-elective, matching, and discretionary contributions
- Company paid Financial Advice Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.