PALM BEACH TOWERS, a subsidiary of VIKING YACHT COMPANY, is seeking a talented Boat Painter / Fiberglass Technician for painting hard-tops (part of tuna towers) and tower parts.
Become a part of the company that is the LEADING manufacturer of high-end, custom tuna towers in the world!
The successful candidates will be experienced in boat prepping, painting, top coat. We attract and retain our talent by investing in our employees and helping them develop in their careers to be the best!
Performs intermediate preparation and paint techniques, both brush and spray, in the fabrication and repair of boats and boat parts, both interior and exterior with efficiency. Uses independent judgment in coordination with service managers to make corrective repairs. Often meets or beats schedule and budget with no rework. May lead a small crew in the performance of a project.
- Prepares metal, fiberglass or other surfaces for painting and/or polishing..
- Tape or otherwise protect surrounding surfaces and hardware during work process.
- Full knowledge of the requirements for paint, prepping and sealing and the products utilized.
- Cleans, sands, and smooth surfaces, using appropriate tools, such as scrapers, sandpaper, steel wool, or chemicals.
- May perform small repairs to surfaces to be painted using appropriate materials and tools.
- Applies coats of paint, enamel or lacquer, as appropriate, to decorate and protect surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of boats.
- Cleans brushes, sprayers, and work area, using solvent or soap and water as required.
- Regularly beats time and schedule allowances for all standard work.
- Prepares surveys and estimates for customers in coordination with service managers.
- Full knowledge of company charging process and billing procedures.
- Sets up and dismantles staging and ventilation protection following OSHA guidelines.
- Interacts with customers and has ability to assist and respond to customer questions as they relate to paint, varnish and polish applications.
- Able to work cooperatively with other department personnel.
- Follow defined instructions and procedures in performance of tasks.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain safe, clean work area.
- All work to be performed to Viking Company quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and assigned.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Boat Painting / FRP: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person