- Position repairs fiberglass boat hulls, decks, and small parts using spray gun with paint, buffer with wax, polish, compound, fillers, putty, and/or paste
- Hand tools may include gel-coat spray equipment, grinders, buffer, drill, or other specialty tools and fixtures
- Responsible for boat inspection and an understanding of fiberglass finish or basic use of abrasives
- Works following specific job instructions, frequently reading, and providing verbal and/or written status of part completion
- May include handling and application of solvents, paints, pastes, putty, and wax along with proper disposal
- Must always follow all safety and quality standards, including chemical handling standards and PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to recognize and protect precious boat components while performing finishing duties
- Other tasks may involve:
- Removal/repair/installation of other bodywork pieces such as decals, emblems, rub rails, and other small components.
- Deep upholstery cleaning and light repair
- Execution/oversight of boat detailing processes
- Fiberglass repair and finishing experience preferred
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively to achieve daily goals
- Ability to work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast paced, noisy environment
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to use hand, and pneumatic tools, buffer and abrasive sanding tools/supplies
- Ability to work with fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment displaying mutual respect
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Ability to work an 8+ hour shift standing, bending, reaching
- Moderate lifting ability up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements could include face respirators, dust masks, gloves, and chemical resistant suits.
Shift: Must have the availability to work from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday - Friday. Overtime may be required based on scheduling needs. Brunswick reserves the right to adjust shifts and work times as business needs evolve.