Captain for a 2021-88ft-Azimuit. The boat will be used for Owners personal use as well as charters in the Bahamas and possibly the NE during summers.
- Oversee and manage the operation of a vessel, ensuring the safety of passengers and crew
- Navigate and pilot the vessel, following established routes and schedules
- Maintain and inspect all onboard equipment, ensuring proper functioning
- Provide excellent customer service to passengers, addressing any concerns or inquiries
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the crew members
- Ensure compliance with all maritime regulations and safety protocols
- Handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently, following established procedures
- Maintain accurate records of daily operations and submit required reports
- Possess a valid Captain's license or certification
- Previous experience as a Captain on vessels 80ft or larger
Local knowledge of Bahamas waters and attractions.
-Previous Charter experience.
- Strong mechanical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair minor issues
- Ability to rig and handle various types of vessels
- Excellent leadership and management skills to effectively supervise crew members
- Strong communication skills to interact with passengers, crew, and authorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing conditions
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Supplemental pay types: