Working at CBI is unique within Junior Sailing – it’s not a camp, and certainly not your typical yacht club. CBI serves children ages 10+ from greater Boston, including those who might not otherwise have the opportunity to sail. CBI has fleets of Mercuries, 420s, Lasers, windsurfers, Ideal 18s, Sonars, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards. The Junior Program Dockstaff is responsible for maintaining a safe on the water environment and for helping ensure that the day to day Junior Program runs smoothly.
The 2023 season includes a week of pre-season training and 10 weeks of programming, with the potential to start early for those interested. Pay is competitive, with opportunities for upward movement and professional development. In addition, all instructors receive a complimentary membership to our Adult Program in the afternoons and on weekends.
The Junior Program Dock Staff position runs from June 2nd– August 25. This includes 10 weeks of programming plus one pre-season week of prep and training.
- Act as the first responder to all on the water emergencies and issues:
- Recovery of broken vessels
- Report any issues to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist with dock traffic and help keep the slip organized:
- Help members leave and return to the dock efficiently
- Help members put away and fleet check their boat
- Help manage the dock house
- Conduct on the water testing
- Be cooperative and respectful of others
- Be able to assist instructors with classes as needed
- Act as an appropriate role model
- Take pride in your commitment to Community Boating
- Remain committed to the core goals: safety, fun, and learning
- Keep proper documentation of the day’s events
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Expected hours: 40 per week
Work Location: In person