We’re searching for a skilled and hard-working deckhand to join our expanding team. In this role, it will be your responsibility to perform a variety of tasks that help our ship function. For example, your duties will include cleaning machinery, preparing cabins for third party workers, performing maintenance tasks, and keeping watch during the night. You’ll also help the ship prepare to depart. Your duties in this area will involve the loading and unloading of cargo, among other tasks.
To do well in this position, you will need to have some familiarity with the maritime industry and what it takes to work in the offshore environment. You should be good at working with your hands and capable of performing a variety of ship maintenance and cleaning tasks with minimal supervision. If you believe that you would do well as a deckhand on our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a resume to begin the application process.
- Grease and clean machinery
- Perform simple maintenance tasks
- Load and unload cargo while in port and offshore.
- Prepare cabins for third party workers
- Keep watch during some nights
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the captain or mate.
- Fitness levels sufficient to remain standing for most of your shift
- Existing knowledge of the maritime industry
- Ability to perform a variety of maintenance tasks
- Willingness to work in tough climates
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well as a part of a team
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Commercial boating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- TWIC Card (Preferred)
Work Location: In person