We are a marine construction company looking for Lift installers to install, diagnose and service boat lifts in the Palm Beach County and South Martin County area.
We are looking for someone who is dependable and works well with other people but also able to work independently.
Responsibilities for Dock Building Supervisor
· Install Piles, Lifts and repair lifts.
· Experience on barges setting piles
· Able to measure and install bunks / guide poles to the specifications of the boat provided
· Cut, shape and alter materials as needed
· Carry materials from truck to job site so they are ready for installation
· Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
· Clean up job site at the end of the day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night
· Must have own transportation to the yard
· Company PPE and T-shirts are supplied and required to be worn on the job
· Follows establish safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
· Perform other duties, as and when assigned
Supervisor Qualifications/ Skills
· Capable of receiving and following instructions and communication.
· Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
· Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
· Demonstrated ability to operate hand, air, and power tools
· Ability to work in teams.
· Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills (in English)
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirement
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
· Minimum of 2 years of general carpentry experience and completion of an apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Ability to comprehend diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specification (is preferred).
· This is a drug free workplace
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- marine construction: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations