OVERVIEW: The Fuel Dock/Dock Attendant is to assist the customer with docking and tying of vessel safely and providing any other service for the customer to the best of their ability. Individuals in this position must provide a high level of customer service and present a welcoming and professional image at all time.
- Able to assist customers with docking and tying of vessels safely.
- Able to complete the State Boating Safety Course.
- Able to drive boats within the Marina.
- Able to wash and flush various hulls and boat engines.
- Able to assist Forklift drivers with proper placement of boats and inventory.
- Keep dock free of debris and clutter, including hoses and dock lines which must be stowed properly.
- Perform required tasks such as pumping fuel and operating the pump out station.
- Ensure proper recording of all fuel and ship store purchases from all customers.
- Coordinate with the Ships Store/Marina or Parts Manager to ensure proper inventory levels of fuel and ship store products.
- Take proactive approach to severe weather prevention steps to secure and protect docks, vessels, customers and marina personnel.
- Gain a complete understanding of spill containment supplies and equipment and be knowledgeable in the use of these items.
- Ensure that all visitors enjoy an exceptional customer experience at the marina.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Customer satisfaction and enthusiasm/FANS
- Accurate accounting for transactions
- Ability to work with others
- Timely completion of work
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all departments
- MarineMax and its subsidiaries uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.