As a Company, We Are Proud Of Our Values And Encourage Those Who Share In Our Aspirations To Join Our Team
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marine Field Technician performs operational functions relating to emergency response hazardous and non-hazardous spill clean-up projects in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable regulations. Performs all day-to-day marine service work such as pre-booming and Average Most Probable Discharge (AMPD) services, line-handling, preventative maintenance, and basic equipment repair, training, and spill response exercises.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in Work with a safe manner.
- Assist team on projects as needed by performing labor intensive tasks while in a potentially dirty and physically demanding capacity and in harsh environments under in varying weather conditions. These duties may be land or marine related to both planned work and emergency responses.
- Deploys and operates light and heavy equipment relating to marine services, emergency spill response, industrial cleaning and site cleanup projects including, but not limited to, workboats, skimmers, pumps, blowers, marine/mobile cranes, vacuum transfer systems, etc.
- Load and unload equipment, boom, and anchors from and into vessels, vans, flatbeds, trailers.
- Attach and deploy boom of various size and set and remove anchor systems.
- Understanding of basic seamanship and marine safety principles.
- Understand and complete paperwork to comply with procedures and regulation, such as vessel/vehicle logbooks, placards and labeling, Department of Transportation inspections, etc.
- Performs inventory, maintenance and cleanup of boat, equipment, and work areas to ensure supplies are available and compliant.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel marine engines, outboard motors, vessels, hydraulic power units, and related marine equipment and oil skimming systems.
- Ability to diagnose commonly occurring malfunctions. Skilled using hand and shop tools, and instruments.
- Knowledge of welding practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates, accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize, stay focused and handle multiple, diverse responsibilities.
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain it after hire.
Rewarding Compensation And Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- Retirement plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).