Regal Boats is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our team as a Lamination Manager. The Lamination Manager will be responsible for overseeing 100+ Regal Boats team members and one or more of Regal’s Lamination Shops. This position will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of their business unit.
The Lamination Manager is responsible for overseeing the people and managing day to day operations of the operation, as well as implementing strategic objectives to ensure maximum efficiency and output. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to uplevel our current process and drive the plant toward continuous improvement and excellence.
- Ability to maintain production schedule and manage labor effectively
- Ability to develop and integrate process/quality improvements. Effectively implement the quality control process focusing on metrics and delivering measurable results.
- Keep the plant in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically.
- Ensures manufacturing operations are in accordance with Regal's Safety Standards, including:
- Ensure that workplaces are safe and employees follow proper safety procedures
- Be proactive in preventing safety related incidents
- Create awareness of safe behavior and teach required skills for working safely
- Ensure employees have the proper tools and equipment, including PPE, to work safely and prevent accidents
- Ability to develop an effective team, through cross-training production positions and develop leadership at all levels to support the team
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with peers across the organization
- 2+ years experience managing a business with 75+ full time team members
- 5+ years experience of progressive management experience
- The ability to manage each aspect of the plant, from technical expertise, to people, to quality, to schedule
- 5+ years experience in a production manufacturing environment (ideally: RV, Marine, industrial)
- Ability to analyze and forecast manload requirements.
- Previous experience with inventory control.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is highly preferred
- 5+ years experience with FRP, including both open molded and close molded parts
- Proficient computer skills. Google suite, Microsoft office, etc.
Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can sometimes exceed outside air temperature reaching over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend at the waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently climb into and out of the boats using stairs. The employee must frequently be able to lift 50 pounds, work 10-hour days with most of the time being on their feet, and work overtime, whether planned or unplanned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.