SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Virginia Diving Department Manager is responsible for directing, supervising, planning, and coordinating diving operations resourced from the Virginia office. This position also serves as a project manager for commercial diving and marine construction projects and assists with the diving portions of bridge and marine engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop annual and long-term staffing, assets, and equipment goals for the department.
- Identify department staffing needs and assist in the recruiting and hiring of new staff to support the annual and long-term goals of the department.
- Actively work to develop new and manage existing client and partner relationships.
- Prepare, oversee, and approve department technical and cost proposals.
- Manage commercial diving and marine construction projects, invoicing, schedule, communication and/or tasks efficiently, within the allotted budget and schedule, and at a quality level that continually meets or exceeds expectations.
- Respond promptly to client inquiries, addressing their needs and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Prepare and oversees scheduling of resources, diving personnel, and equipment for diving, and construction related projects.
- Review and approval of group staff weekly time and expenses.
- Ensure group staff are aware of, understand, support, and comply with company goals, policies, procedures, and safe work practices.
- Manage and provide a safe atmosphere for diving, marine construction, and shop related tasks and activities.
- Mentor staff and clients on safe practices, approach and regulations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shop to include safety, vehicles, equipment, and supplies.
- Partner closely with Safety Manager on safety/certification/training/initiatives.
YOU WILL NEED
- High level leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter and complete tasks that are assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited commercial dive school, Navy, ADCI diver card, or comply with ANSI/ACDE accredited commercial dive certification.
- 15+ years commercial diver experience.
- Current ‘Fit to Dive’ physical.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card.
- 30hr OSHA General Construction course.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORK ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY
The duties of this position require the employee to regularly sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. This position may require the employee to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While in the field, the employee may be required to walk in rugged conditions, work in adverse weather conditions, and stand up to eight hours or more at a time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties of this position.
This position requires maintaining current industry knowledge and expertise through active involvement in professional organizations and/or other activities that may require additional and/or flexible working hours. The ability and availability to readily work overtime and perform duties outside of normal working hours may be required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Employee safety and security are critical parts of our company core values. Accountability, positive attitude, proactive communication, continuous improvement, and teamwork promote safe conditions and safe actions. Safety, Health, and Environment are part of our company culture, and adherence and participation are required for all employees.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.