The Marina Manager is the ambassador of the waterfront at the one of the most highly renowned marinas in the Northeast. The main duty of our Marina Manager is to manage the docks, slips, dock staff and create an all around great experience for our boaters by providing the highest level of customer service and exceeding their expectations. He or she also performs both administrative and supervisory roles such as planning, coordinating, promoting, and managing the daily operations, facilities, and employees of the marina, our seasonal and transient boaters and our community.
- Assists customers in making reservations, boat slip assignments, develops relationships with boat owners and captains.
- Works closely with vendors, brokers, yacht captains and yacht owners and managers in the organization.
- Oversees a seasonal staff of dock attendants.
- Maximizes lineal footage in the marina and strategically makes best use of available dockage to sell out for the season.
- Uses computer softwares to manage reservations, profiles and folios.
- Works closely with marina office staff to handle seasonal dockage contracts and transient paperwork.
- Reconciles daily, weekly, monthly all transactions and maintains occupancy and revenue reports.
- Keep clean equipment and facility. Inspect equipment for damage and safety.
- Open the facility, including but not limited to setting up equipment for daily use and facility maintenance.
- Close the facility, including but not limited to putting away all equipment, locking doors and setting alarm.
- Provide support for a variety of special events.
- Trains, coaches and develops a team of seasonal dock attendants and office staff.
- Maintains professionalism and and a calm and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Responds to any urgent issues in a time sensitive manner and follows through.
- Is available all of the boating season and takes time off only in the off season.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor's / College Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years work experience in a marina.
Skills and Competency:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public.
- Knowledge of dock construction and repair.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to swim.