Are you a Marine Mechanic Technician looking for a new opportunity? Our client is a reputable marine contractor that specializes in commercial and recreational vessels ranging from 40 to 180 feet in length. With three convenient locations in the Lower Mainland (Richmond, Vancouver, and North Vancouver), they are currently seeking a skilled Marine Mechanic Technician to join their team.
- Marine Mechanic Technician qualification, Factory training, and/or Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket (asset).
- Pleasure craft license (asset).
- Valid driver's license with a clean drivers abstract.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in on-site service and fieldwork, dealing with boat engines, onboard yacht systems, diesel/gasoline engines, generators, and marine running gear OR
- 5 years of experience in Heavy Duty Mechanic equipment repair with a passion for boats.
- Experience working with HVAC, hydraulic, and plumbing systems (asset).
Skills And Abilities
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair skills with a commitment to high-quality work.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated and flexible, willing to research and learn new equipment.
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy contributing to and being part of a successful team.
- Effective communication skills with a professional attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks safely and in a timely manner.
As a Marine Mechanic Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Servicing, maintaining, and repairing a diverse range of boat engines, running gear, and onboard yacht systems (electronics, watermakers, HVAC) both on-site and in the field.
- Other duties as required.