You must hold a current USCG Merchant Mariner Credentials, STCW 95 endorsements (Basic Training and VPDSD endorsement), valid USCG/STCW medical certificate, valid passport, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 25 days for each 30 days of work.
Pre-employment Screening Consists Of
- Background Check
- Drug Tests: DOT & Non-Dot hair screen test
- Physical examination
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Performs manual tasks in the Deck and Steward’s Departments
- Wipes up excess oils and greases and otherwise cleans machinery, bilges, grating, decks, bulkheads and vessel’s hull.
- Cleans, chips, scales, washes paint, paints, polishes and performs other maintenance work as directed by the ship’s officers.
- Assists in the loading, unloading, stowing and inventory of stores, materials and equipment’s.
- As a member of the deck, assists in handling docking and mooring lines and wires, connecting and disconnecting cargo hoses.
- Performs general housekeeping work in deck and storage areas.
- Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting.
- Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board.
- Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered.
- Able to participate in an Emergency Response team.
Teamwork/Working With Others
- Effective in relating to others
- Willing to assist others.
- Works well under pressure.
- Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Current USCG Merchant Mariner Credentials w/ VPDSD endorsement
- Current USCG Medical Certificate
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Basic Safety Training Certificates
- Valid Passport
- The compensation for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on his or her skills, experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.