Job Title: Marina Lift Operator
Job Purpose: Safely and without damage maneuver vessels, equipment and packages of various sizes on land and water as instructed, using machinery such as forklift, travelift, truck and various other marina vehicles to suit the needs of the sales, service and storage departments.
· Reports directly to Boathouse Manager
· Utilizes various forklifts to move vessels in and out of storage
· Operates radios and computers to communicate with other team members
· Operates machinery in a safe manner, never exceeding training or experience level.
· Maintains situational awareness of people or objects that could pose a safety risk and
immediately stops operations to avoid dangerous/unsafe activities.
· Follows marina best practices and operating procedures.
· Driving / Docking boats
· Loads / unloads boats from tractor trailer beds.
· Loads / unload boats onto proper boat stands
· Responsible for blocking / stabilizing vessels (up to 70 feet in length).
· Maintain a friendly and courteous attitude toward customers and employees.
· Launch boats for sales, service and storage customers as required.
· Wash boats and flush engines as required for the sales, service and storage departments.
· Perform basic maintenance and cleaning functions to marina travelift, forklift and other machinery as required.
· Report performance problems or maintenance needs for machinery directly to manager.
· Report any injury, damage or near miss incident to Manager immediately.
· Identify pre-existing damage to any new customers boat/trailer
· Assist with general yard and shop clean up as needed.
· Must be in good physical health able to lift equipment or packages up to 80 pounds.
· Pressure clean boats as needed.
· 40 hour work week, overtime will be required on occasion especially in peak seasons.
· Available to work after normal business hours or on weekends as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Wednesday to Saturday or Sunday to Wednesday. Some holidays required. Occasional overtime may be required. Schedule subject to change.
Training: The marina will pay for required and select training to include course costs, travel, meals and lodging. The employee will be compensated at his regular hourly rate during training (weekends unpaid).
Medical: Health Insurance is offered to the Employee after 90 days of employment (employees contribute a small percentage per pay). A company sponsored Dental Plan is available for employees-family members may be added for an additional fee.
401K: Participation in a 401K Plan is available to you at the beginning of the quarter after 6 months of employment. You may contribute up to 8% of your bi-weekly pay of which Rose Marina will match 50%.
Vacation: 1 week the first year (available after first 90 days), 2 weeks the second year. Vacation is on a use it or lose it basis. Accrual resets on employment anniversary date.
Holidays: You will be expected to work some holidays. You will receive 8 hours of holiday pay for the following observed holidays. New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Discounts: A generous employee discount is available to you for purchases in our Ship’s Store. This is a privilege for the employee only and is effective after 90 days employment.
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- MARINA FORKLIFT: 2 years (Required)
- Please give us the name and location of marina(s) where you gained experience on a marina forklift?
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Perform proper forklift inspections and follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma