Welcomes and attends to Marina needs of all Club members. Ensures Marina docks, office, storage and dock boxes are kept clean and appropriately supplied according to department procedures and standards to exceed member satisfaction. Performs safety checks and basic repairs around the docks. Provides clerical and project support to the Marina.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly greets and welcomes members/guests upon arrival. Answers general questions about Marina, property and amenities.
- Performs daily safety check and inventory of the docks. Inspects and makes requests for maintenance and repair of Marina facilities such as docks, floats, and lockers. Notes deficiencies and either performs the repairs needed or contacts Engineering or outside vendor to perform the repairs.
- Performs basic repairs around the Marina such as painting, basic plumbing, and repairs requiring hand tools. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to docks, boats and fixtures and ensure one’s safety and the safety of others. Immediately reports any potential security issues related to the boats or Marina.
- Maintains cleanliness of Marina and equipment including removing bird droppings and other debris by sweeping, mopping, and/or scrubbing. Scoops trash from the water surrounding the docks and boats. Cleans Marina Office as well as storage and dock boxes. Washes and waxes dock carts and dock storage boxes. Contacts Housekeeping when trash receptacles are full and need to be emptied.
- Retrieves, stocks, restocks and stores the Marina supplies according to prescribed department, safety and security procedures and regulations.
- Performs general clerical duties including but limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and data entry. Sorts and distributes internal and external mail. Answers, screens and directs incoming calls and emails. Takes reservations for dock space. Assists with preparation, assignment and billing for berths.
- Resolves member/guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Notifies management of any problems resulting from complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The property provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with property's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Assists in tying up docking boats. May move boats to different slip using dock lines when requested.
- Assists with planning and coordination of special events. Maintains knowledge of available amenities and upcoming events.
- Assists the Dock Master with the control of boats in the Marina. Performs some tasks of the Dock Master in his/her absence including responsibility and authority to require compliance by Members/Guests with Marina rules and regulations.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years prior related experience in yachting, marina services or shipyard environment.
- Basic boating knowledge and skills required. Knowledge of various types of repairs, work tools and materials found around the Marina. Basic plumbing, painting and repair skills required.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with members/guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of member/guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult member, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Requires ability to learn and operate Marina computer systems.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.