The ideal candidate will be self-motivating, pro-active and with a solid background in structural engineering. This individual will be involved in the analysis, design and construction of interesting waterfront projects in local and remote locations. We are a growing coastal and marine engineering firm with projects throughout Florida, Caribbean and Latin America, serving both private and public clients.
- Coordinating and executing field investigations, such as surveying, geotechnical borings, and condition assessments of existing structures.
- Engineering design of new, repair and replacement marine structures.
- Development and production of design drawings and specifications.
- Technical support for obtaining environmental regulatory approvals.
- Construction bid packages, special inspections, and general administration.
- Project management and team communication.
- Group presentations and public speaking.
- Work on multiple projects and manage production schedules.
- Keep organized records of project related decisions and documents.
- Domestic and international travel.
- B.S. degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (M.S. Degree preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in coastal/marine structural engineering
- Advanced English technical writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Experience with structural design software (e.g. STAAD, SAP2000, or RAM Elements)
- Knowledge of relevant design codes and practices (e.g. FBC, ACI-318, AISC, NDS, etc.)
- Dive certification and/or strong water/boating skills a plus
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Professional Engineering License in Florida, or the ability to obtain or transfer from another state within six months
- Flexible time off (for all exempt employees)
- Growth opportunities - personally and professionally
- 100% Employer-paid health coverage
- 401k Retirement savings plans
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive salary
- Team environment
- Paid service days