Rigger must be safety conscious, dependable, organized, detail oriented, and has extensive experience in rigging while in a production environment. Willing to work on becoming one of the best in the industry, developing and improving your skills daily to have a positive solid career at Blazer Boats.
- Safety First
- Safely install outboard engines and rigging according to manufacturer specifications and general best practices
- Appropriately determine methods and products required to install cables and wiring throughout boat according to manufacturer and customer requirements
- Setup and test functionality of new install engine, gauges and steering systems for all work performed.
- Seek out identify and inform manager of additional work that may need to be performed.
- Apply strict adherence to industry safety standards.
- Installs various electronics such as GPS, Fish finders, Transducers, Radars, Stereo Systems, Trolling Motors, and more.
- Install cabling, Controls, Networks and other accessory apparatus as appropriate and according to production card or customer specifications
- Work in an efficient manner to maintain service schedules.
- Test each unit for proper and safe operation using established marine service procedures
- Compile warranty packages per outlined process for every unit
- Properly complete rigging checklist and assist with inspection process for each unit
- Install optional equipment and/or accessories per customer’s request
- Clean and maintain all work tools and work areas as scheduled
- Identify all boats made by shape, size and model
- Other duties as assigned
- Extremely skilled with using hand and air tools along with specialty tools for engine installs.
- Experience in rigging outboard engines.
- Proven experience successfully applying mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to accurately and efficiently diagnose and correct electrical problems on 12volt and 24volt systems.
- Can effectively read and understand and apply complex instruction manuals and wiring diagrams.
- Know and apply appropriate safety precautions
- Demonstrable commitment to producing high quality installations
- Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki manufacture certifications, highly recommended for advancement
- Tendency to display endurance and capacity for a fast pace
- Able to work independently at times and make sound decisions
- Knows limitations and when to ask for help
- Work the hours required for this position. Overtime may be required
- Minimum one year experience, preferably in a boat manufacturing or ship yard setting
- Maintain a positive attitude in a team environment
- Self-starter, organizer and planner
- Maintain high standards of quality
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki manufacture certifications, highly recommended for advancement
· Work in a non-climate-controlled environment
· Climb/Work on a ladder
- Manufacturing environment that will require kneeling, bending, climbing, twisting, and lifting heavy objects (more than 50lbs)
- Job will require to work in awkward body positions for extended periods of time.
- At times the job requires to work more than 40hrs week and working some weekends.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)