SEACOR is a diverse family of businesses with career opportunities of all kinds open to dedicated people.
Education: College Degree
Experience: At least 10 years of industry experience at least 3 of which in a management or leadership role.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to mentor multiple teams.
- Skills: Ability to work, with minimal supervision, maintaining productively and efficiency when faced with stressful situations, including maintaining effective interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within, and communicate effectively with, customers, all levels of employees and management.
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Acts with urgency to meet and resolve pending issues.
- Demonstrate team focus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple departments and shifts ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Oversees the managing all Terminal Operations domestic and foreign as required.
- Ensures a smooth and consistent operation so cargo and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments and different areas in effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains, motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of employees.
- Ensures staff’s ability to safely operate equipment. Counsels and disciplines as necessary.
- Continuous Hazmat responsibility and continuous scanning enforcement.
- Study and standardize procedures.
- Responsible for all departmental or facility safety and environmental issues and is responsible for conducting safety meetings, providing or assisting with safety training, hazard identification, job safety analysis, incident and injury investigations if required, and ensure completion of all reports and other documentation as required. Responsible to ensure safety information and changes in requirements are communicated to personnel within assigned work areas; and safety concerns of employee’s, or hazards and unsafe conditions, are communicated to Safety Department personnel and Senior Company Management.
- Oversee the managing of Port, vessel and trucking operations.
- Responsible for directing the pre-plan, execution and supervision off all aspects of cargo handling, to achieve a safe, efficient, and profitable operation in a Marine/Stevedoring terminal capacity.
- Responsible for terminal supervisors, drivers and stevedores and all other equipment operators
- Ensures correct vessel loading and meets loading deadlines safely and efficiently.
- Extensive communication with Terminal Manager, Warehouse team, Logistics team and Island Agents on a daily basis.
- Maintaining quality results by following export standards, procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.