General Summary of the Position
Nautical boat club's outstanding reputation is based on exceptional and consistent Customer/Member services and fleet appearance and performance. To that end, the Dock Hand is responsible for maintaining the exterior/interior of the fleet to the Company’s high standards. Additionally, this position assists other staff with member, customer, and guest services, and maintenance repair of the boats, docks, offices, and water equipment to provide smooth daily operations of the businesses
- Must be able to use typical office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, copier, and computer and paper filing systems
- May be required to lift items up to 50 pounds in weight
- Must be able to swim without assistance
- Must be able to work in diverse outdoor climates and outdoor temperature extremes
- Boat driving skills preferred
Duties, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assist with Member and Customer services including but not limited to greeting members and walk in visitors as they arrive and leave the docks, answering questions, capturing contact information from Prospects, assisting with carrying coolers and personal boating luggage, pushing dock carts, etc.
- Work with dock staff to ensure that the Club fleet has an unwavering “superior” level of appearance and cleanliness using Club Checklists as a guide for daily, weekly, and “detail” cleaning and repairs. This level must be maintained in a way that minimizes boat downtime.
- Assist in maintaining boating-related supplies as required to perform the essential duties of the job; hand and power tool organization, dock carts, extension cords, repairing water toys such as life jackets, and Lilypads.
- Assist in cleaning, organizing and maintaining the docks, dock offices, signage, storage shed.
- Work with dock staff and marine professionals to quickly and accurately identify and diagnose functional issues or damage to the Club’s fleet including but not limited to engine, outdrive, power steering, alternator, upholstery repair, fiberglass repair, etc.
- Identify and repair “minor” problems with the fleet. Assist in completing a boat fleet “To-Do” list for minor repairs including but not limited to and tightening/replacing fasteners, snaps, screws etc.
- Assist with the boat show and other promotional and social events
- Drive shuttle Golf cart during peak member outing times
- Other Duties as assigned by the Owner and/or Location Manager
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types: