McGinnis, Inc. is now interviewing Harbor Deckhands with growth opportunity!
- EXCELLENT Benefits
- 2nd Chance Employer
- Bonus Referral Program
The Harbor Deckhand is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally compliant operation of assigned area. The primary function of the Deckhand is to build and break tow. Other key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Harbor Deckhand must be able to perform vessel maintenance to include cleaning, scraping, painting, changing all oil and filter, and cooking.
- The Harbor Deckhand must be able to inspect, correct if possible, and notify the Captain of any conditions, which will affect the safety of the tow or tug.
- The Harbor Deckhand must be able to assist with the training of newly hired employees.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to handle lines and rigging during tow building, locking, and docking activities.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to work in a rotation watch schedule, involving 6 hours on and 6 hours off, or 12 hour straight shift, and be able to occasionally work additional hours not to exceed twelve consecutive hours without rest.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to work on the boat with a work schedule of 7 days on 2 days off, 7 days on, 5 days off, 28 days on, 14 days off, or 30 days on, 30 days off.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to perform all duties while wearing protective equipment to include PVC foul weather gear, life jacket, gloves and boots.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to drive to and from work and/or hub cities.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to perform all duties necessary to navigate locks.
- A Harbor Deckhand must be able to adhere to and comply with company policies, US Coast Guard, and environmental regulations. II.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Do you live within 30 MILES of South Point, OH?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Deckhand: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person