Support daily on-the-water operations as the Boat Captain in charge of various sized and configured V-hull and catamaran chase boats ranging in length from 28 to 48 feet. Perform daily maintenance, repair, and upkeep of these boats, including fueling, preventative maintenance, corrective marine electronic installations, and troubleshooting. Perform towing, at-sea personnel, cargo transfers, and diver support. Perform night operations and operations in various sea states.
- 3+ years of experience as the captain of support watercraft performing Navy project support
- 3+ years of experience with performing preventative maintenance on hull, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems components
- 3+ years of experience with performing corrective maintenance repairs on failing or failed hull, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems components
- Experience with towing and at-sea recovery of various underwater and on-the-surface marine systems
- Experience in working on Honda 150 hp and Mercury Sea Pro 300 hp outboard engines
- Knowledge of basic electrical schematic
- Ability to provide a boat operations history free from state and federal boating infractions
- Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Current United States Coast Guard 100-tom Captain’s Certifications
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Navy Category 3 crane operator Certification
- Open water diver Certification
- Planned Maintenance System Certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.