Coon Key Marina is looking to hire (2) FULL-TIME and (2) PART-TIME Dock Attendants to assist with the maneuvering of boats and vessels at our marina.
The Dock Attendant assists customers with docking, securing, mooring, transportation, fueling and other marina services.
Responsibilities (to include but are not limited to):
- Assist boats with docking and undocking
- Spotting Forklift Operators
- Secure water and electrical supply to boats as required. Check dock lines and utility supplies as necessary during changing weather conditions.
- Fuel boats within safety requirements and assistance with taking on of supplies, water, battery charging, etc. (knowledge of proper fuel, oils, etc. essential).
- Maintain Marina Docks, equipment and grounds
- Mark all boat owners’ loose items (carpets, rafts, bimini tops) before storing or servicing boats.
- Ensure customer’s vessels are clean. Hatches, hatch lids, and drain alleyways are clean. Glass and bright work area spot free.
- Assistance as required in general Marina maintenance and repairs. (alertness for safety related repairs or needs).
- Assist with customer’s departure, fueling, ice or any other service they may need.
- Assistance as assigned in hurricane or storm preparation.
- Know applications of radio, hurricane, storm, fire, first aid, freeze and oil spill procedures.
- Knowledge of Marina dockage rates.
- Knowledge of Marina regulations and enforcement procedures.
- Must be responsible individuals who will present themselves well to the boaters since they will have the most contact with the boaters and public.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marina Management
Expected hours: No more than 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance