It is expected that the individual selected for this position will assume the duties as the Lifting & Handling Supervisor onboard the SHIPPINGPORT (ARDM 4), a SUBASE New London, government owned facility operated by General Dynamics Electric Boat (GDEB) used to dock U.S. Navy nuclear powered submarines and various types of service craft.
The selected individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the daily maintenance, operation and certification of the two 25 Ton Portal Gantry Cranes on board SHIPPINGPORT in support of the dry dock and tended units. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- The direct supervision of one Crane Mechanic, one Crane Electrician, Rigging Crew, one Admin Clerk and one Crane Engineer in the day to day administration, operation and maintenance of the cranes, including safety, procedural compliance, manage union issues and training essential to maintaining crane certification.
- Must have in depth knowledge of GDEB MDD-02354, the GDEB Lifting & Handling Program Manual, Lifting & Handling Operations and Rigging Operations.
- Capability to interact with all levels of the Navy, i.e. Regional Support Group Groton (RSG), Naval Submarine Support Facility (NSSF), Supervisor of Shipbuilding Groton, Naval shipyards, Ships Engineering Officers, and various SUBASE departments.
- Coordinate with Ship’s Force and assigned LMA’s to provide necessary Rigging and Lifting & Handling services to support maintenance performed on vessels while docked.
- Draft and submit monthly production reports.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and also work odd hours to support docking and undocking evolutions as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to obtain or already possess a Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment.
- Must be familiar with the GDEB Lifting & Handling Program Manual.
- Must be familiar with GDEB MDD-02354.
- Must be familiar with the Lockout/Tagout Program.
- Minimum of five years Rigging and Lifting & Handling Experience.
- High level of knowledge in regards to Rigging and Lifting & Handling Operations
- Minimum of two years supervisory / leadership experience.
- Must have above average PC skills and proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Must have knowledge and proficiency with the GDEB Repair Maintenance & Modernization Report (RMMR) Program.
- Must have knowledge and proficiency with the Lockout/Tagout Program.
- Must qualify as a Limited Radiation Worker.
- Must have or be able to obtain fall protection and JLG Qualifications.
- Climbing, Color Vision, Crawling, Heavy Lifting, Kneeling, Light Lifting, Medium Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping, Twisting
- Acids or Alkalis, Cold, Dry, Dusty, Fumes, Hot, Inside, Noise, Oily, Outside, Wet