Are you an experienced dockhand in the Naples, Florida area? Naples Yacht Club is looking for an outstanding individual to fill our full-time, Dockhand I position. This position reports to the Dockmaster/Assistant Dockmaster and is an integral, member facing role of the Naples Yacht Club dock team.
- Assisting members and guests with luggage and provisions as necessary from parking lot to their vessel
- Assisting members with lines getting underway and returning to dock
- Provides all services available during normal operation of the marina per procedures and as directed by the Dockmaster up to and including club boat washes, holding tank pump outs, fueling of boats, performing daily maintenance and housekeeping checklist tasks
- Reports any misconduct of members, guests, or crew members taking place in the marina areas or Club grounds.
- Participates in the raising and lowering of Colors as needed.
- Monitors the dock and parking lot for any trespassers.
Must have experience
- Minimum of two years previous dockhand or similar dock experience
- Understanding of and ability to operate ship-to-shore radio equipment in accordance with rules and procedures set forth by the Federal Communications Commission
- Know the uses of and how to tie the following knots: cleat hitch, round and two half hitches, bowline
- Knowledge of the Rules of the Road and Aids to Navigation
Nice to have experience:
Up to date USCG MMC with a minimum OUPV rating
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, lift, and pull objects, and maintain stability under extreme heat. Must be able to communicate with supervisors, coworkers, and members and understand verbal and written instructions.