The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in optimizing the corrosion protection sector in the USA, providing technical sales support for the corrosion division of CMP Group, with a focus on increasing brand awareness, customer loyalty, revenue, and profitability. We require someone with Technical skills (70% of the job) and the sales part, which is (30% of the job), can always be thought.
What is in it for you
- Additional bonus based on hitting KPIs - $8k USD
- Full-time permanent position
- Extended Benefits Plan (Vision/Dental/Prescription/401 (k) etc.)
- Two week vacation to start and 12 paid holidays
- Annual summer outing, monthly luncheon, December Christmas party
- Travel opportunities including: travel to Australia for on-the-job training in the New Year
- Continued improvement training
- And much more!
What you will need to succeed
- Over two years of experience in corrosion & coating products and Marine Protection Systems
- Technical boating background with a strong understanding of the operation, maintenance & management of marine vessels
- Bright, energetic, self-starter comfortable working in boat yards and can credibly “talk the language” with experience in this field or mechanical crew of a ship, and willing to get hands-on and dirty
- Possess an aptitude and likeability to make a career change from working with tools to sales
- Experienced in and comfortable training/educating customers in the marine or similar markets to understand the practical application of corrosion & coating products
- Comfortable talking/training or providing information to customers/clients about products leading to a potential sale
- Environmentally sensitive and passionate about a revolutionary product line that is immensely beneficial for the marine ecosystem and environment.
- Wants to “make a difference” and is excited about working for a highly innovative and successful Australian company
- Excited to travel to Australia for on-the-job training in the New Year and comfortable traveling locally and internationally for tradeshows as required
What you will do
- Build relationships with boat yards and trade customers to build their business and position CMP as their preferred supplier for corrosion products
- Coordinate with the sales team and MPS to explore new opportunities for sales growth
- Provide comprehensive territory cover, training, and technical support services for the company’s network of customers
- Educate customers to ensure they have detailed knowledge of how to promote; sell and troubleshoot the products
- Driving sales growth and product awareness
- Respond promptly to distributors' or customer’s requests for product information, training, and technical support
- Provide technical presentations and seminars to the industry to help raise awareness and educate the market on the correct technical approach to corrosion protection
- Provide infield technical demonstrations of the products to train new users and to confirm that current users have adequate knowledge of the application instructions for the products
- Present promotions, specials, and new products to distributors, and participate in their launch.
- Sales & marketing reporting
- Attend sales meetings, share knowledge, and contribute to setting sales and product plans, and production planning
- Keep up to date with our product range, design, and installation trends within the industry and provide feedback about competitors’ products, pricing, and marketing activities.
- 8:00 m – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Remote position but incumbent must be located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
CMP values diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities, and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of experience do you have in corrosion & coating products, and Marine Protection Systems ?
- How many years of experience do you have in training/educating customers in the marine or similar markets in the practical application of corrosion & coating products, and Marine Protection Systems, and marine-related products?
- How many years of Technical experience or boating background do you have in the operation, maintenance & management of marine vessels ?
- How many years of experience do you have business development, technical/customer support and Sales & marketing reporting?
- How many Tradeshows how you participated in over the years?
- Are you comfortable travelling 30% during the year within the USA and do you have a valid USA passport?
- Are you comfortable with a career change from being on the tools to sales ?
- What is your salary expectation?