We are looking to add a customer-focused team member to our dock staff! Freedom Boat Club is the nation’s oldest and largest private member boat club, and we are looking for friendly and upbeat individuals to greet members and work on the docks. This position is part-time and requires availability on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
What will you be doing?
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Make and answer telephone calls using appropriate etiquette
- Manage the check-in and check-out process using a handheld tablet
- Perform equipment checks to make sure all necessary equipment is on board
- Clean and maintain vessels and Club location according to company standards
- Daily clerical work to prepare reservation logs, fuel logs and weather reports
- Familiarize yourself with local waters in order to provide basic guidance to members
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors
- Work outside in the state’s elements and stand for an extended period of time
What does a qualified candidate look like?
- Pass a background check and drug screen
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- High school degree
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience in or around boats is preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
- Ability to read and manipulate handheld tablets
- Comfortable with physical demands of the role including bending, kneeling, balancing and carrying equipment up to 25 pounds
- Positive, cooperative attitude with the capability of working unsupervised
- Adhere to all safety policies
Benefits for our part-time staff include access to club boats at preferred prices after 90 days of employment and a 401(k) plan with company match.