We are looking for a dynamic individual to handle training and on-boarding our club members through classroom and on the water training.
Good communication skills and friendly customer service required. The position will require weekend hours as needed and is part-time with flexible hours.
- Candidates must hold a US Coast Guard Captains License
- Previous instructor experience is also highly desirable
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Boating experience in and around boats is required
- Check in / Finalize with a tablet of vessels with members
- Moving from docks to boats and vice versa, unstable & wet surfaces. Large drops (~4ft) down to vessels & back up to dock.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Professional appearance and uniform required
- Outside elements workplace (Heat, Rain, Cold, general extreme weather elements)
- Vision adequate to read / manipulate handheld computer tablets
- Electronics knowledge & utilization (Smartphone/tablet)
- Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
- Highly effective communications skills and friendly customer service is absolutely required
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working unsupervised
- High attention to detail
- Handle minor member mishaps or incidents while maintaining friendly disposition
- Red Carpet Level of Treatment to members and guests
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Professional communication skills with co-workers, corporate, and members
- Speaking with potential members about the club
- Maintain a cooperative, team attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees
Benefits for our staff include access to club boats at preferred prices after 90 days of employment and a 401(k) plan with company match.