The Offshore Operator IV will be part of the GOM Ops Constitution Ops 1 Department and will support the Gulf of Mexico Business Unit in managing both short and long term planning as well as in controlling program execution while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. This will be done by working closely with the Assets, Plants and Operational Support groups to gather, analyze and reconcile all necessary data to allow execution of these plans.
- Provides services equivalent to a fire fighting specialist and life boatman.
- Documents all well tests and reports as required by Anadarko and the different regulatory agencies.
- Reports any issues affecting operating costs, personnel safety, and environmental conditions.
- Assists with mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Repairs and troubleshoots platform production systems.
- Assists with performing required regulatory testing, inspecting and completing paperwork.
- Monitoring the board covering the production process and make adjustments to the system to ensure the system is working according to plan
- Writing permits for maintenance activities in their areas of responsibility including, but not limited to hot work, scaffold building, confined space, safe work and line break, etc permits
- make regular rounds (every 2 hours or 6 / tour), checking pressures /temperatures, look / listen / feel equipment ensuring motors / pumps are running properly, looking for leaks, significant temperature changes, vibration changes, etc that my signify something is not according to plan
- anticipate problems, problem solve and make adjustments to the equipment according to SOP including simple maintenance type activities (flush out a line or blockage, changing a relatively small valve, etc)
- run pigs through line as directed
- respond to alarms or emergency procedures by initiating SOP plans - using good deductive reasoning to identify the problem and develop and implement a plan to resolve the issues in a timely manner
- perform shut down / start up operations, isolate and flush lines, tag & lock appropriate pumps, valves, etc, verify lines / tanks are flushed and ready to be worked on, etc
- Alert Team Lead of corrective maintenance or repair issues in a timely manner so as to head off problems from occurring or to resolve issues before they affect safety or productivity. Then oversees the maintenance / contract personnel to verify work being performed is completed and verifying the system is back on line
- High School Diploma or GED
- THUET, T-2 Certificate
- at least one year experience on GOM Oxy Platform
- Advanced Fire Fighting, Lifeboatman, Fast Rescue Craft, First Aid / CPR, Helicopter Landing Officer
- Familiar with the needs and requirements of Permit To Work (PTW) systems
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.