Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide underwater assistance with the lifting of vessels out of the water via underwater straps connected to travelift (hauling).
- Provide underwater assistance with the removal of straps from vessel (launching).
- Conduct underwater visual inspections of vessels.
- Conduct underwater preventive maintenance on vessels including, but not limited to, unfouling propellers, clearing intakes, and attaching or removing parts.
- Perform bottom cleaning of vessels underwater in accordance with FDEP Clean Marina BMPs.
- Maintain safety protocols for every team member.
- Utilize daily safety meeting to cover site specific hazards.
- Uphold company expectations for each customer.
- Complete dispatched items in an efficient and comprehensive fashion.
- Communicate effectively with team members, Sales Team, Haul, Block, and Launch HS&E and Customers regarding scope of work or schedule changes, and safety concerns.
- Ability to follow directions and able to be self-directed.
- Complete assigned paperwork including but not limited to: Daily logs, Dive logs, Reports, Additional Work.
- Utilize non-diving time to assist with HS&E and Yard Operations.
- Work outside year-round.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
- Enforce SHM Safety and Environmental rules and complete required related training.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (may include safety glasses, gloves, life jackets and/or hard hats) as required for the task or work area.
- Report all accidents, injuries, spills and near misses immediately.
Technical and Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- SCUBA Dive Certification of at least Dive Master Level or a Commercial Diving Certification.
- Training in diving-related physics and physiology.
- Valid CPR, First Aid, Oxygen Administration and AED Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move up to 80 pounds regularly.
Desired Skills Qualifications
- Night, Search and Recovery, Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy, and Wreck Dive Certifications and Experience.
- Dive Equipment Service Technician.
- Diver Medical Technician.
Minimum Soft Skill Qualifications
- Eagerness to engage in a growing, fast paced, and industry-leading company.
- Consistently treats others with dignity and respect.
- Genuinely serves others with humility and a positive attitude.
- Frequently demonstrates a bias toward action.
- Always communicates effectively and courteously with fellow teammates and members.
- Continuously follows policies and procedures while seeking out new and better ways of accomplishing duties.
- Shows resolve and overcomes difficulties in a positive and productive manner.
- Gladly provides responsive, and high level of service to our teammates and members.
- Eagerly puts forth the extra effort to accomplish duties.
- Adapts quickly and efficiently to changing priorities to meet teammate or member needs.