Position Description :
If you love and enjoy engaging in manual projects supporting our U.S Naval Ships, Serco has a great opportunity for you! Serco is hiring a Marine Electrician (Mid-Level) to be part of a dynamic team supporting our US. Navy. You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco team members to deliver quality work performed on-board U.S. Naval Ships located in the beautiful surroundings of Chesapeake, Virginia.
Serco supports our US Naval Ships with successful and safe work for our Navy customer by providing cabling, equipment, and C5ISR system installations for our Navy and the Military. You will join an active team to perform general manual labor to support this critical mission.
You will join, fabricate, and assemble various electromechanical and electronic assemblies by applying appropriate safety techniques and the work is performed on-board U.S. Naval Ships and military installations.You will also play a critical role in ensuring that successful and safe work is performed on-board U.S. Naval Ships and our Military installations, which is vital to our Mission to protect and serve our Military.
In the Marine Electrician role, you will:
- Receive initial instructions and equipment requirements; perform recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions including troubleshooting and correcting malfunctions.
- Conduct various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data.
- Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed such as: Constructs components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment.
- Gather and maintain specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plots data and draws simple curves and graphs.
- Perform routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operates and adjusts simple test equipment; records test data.
- Rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance
- 2 - 4 years of experience
- The ability to be able to obtain and gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA & DBIDS), undergo a background investigation and pass a drug screening.
- Be able to obtain an OSHA certification
- Familiarity with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
- The ability to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for layout of cable runs under false decking, lift up to 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 40 pounds for majority of shift while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position.
- Attention to safety, which is critical.
- Be able to get respirator qualified and wear proper PPE throughout their work shift.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 10% to various work sites.
- An active DoD Secret Clearance
- An OSHA Certification
- Shipyard Experience
If you are interested in supporting and working with our team across the globe on a passionate, talented, and diverse Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!