Essential functions include but are limited to installing, rigging/de-rigging, diagnosing and conducting repairs on customers outboard engines, boats and trailers. Additional responsibilities will be for maintaining the appearance of vessels up to 25' that are on the sales lot, meeting with customers and conducting sales of boats, trailers and engines. Travel between the workshop in Kingsland, Georgia and local customers (up-to 50 Miles) will be required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with repairing, maintaining and conducting complete maintenance and overhauls of Boats.
- Must have experience in installing or modifying Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems and other equipment installed on boats. Experience must include work completed on fiberglass and aluminum hull boats as well as outboard propulsion systems.
- Must have current Suzuki, Honda, Tohatsu or Yamaha Outboard Technician Certification.
- Experience conducting fiberglass and aluminum repairs is a plus. Having the capability to conduct aluminum hull weld repairs in accordance with American National Standards Institute/American Welding Society standard - ANSI/AWS D3.7. is desirable but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required and qualified candidates must be able to obtain a US Passport. Able to lift 50lbs on occasion and work in tight and cramped spaces on small boats, Primary work is inside a non-air conditioned shop, Employee must have own hand tools, special tools and diagnostic equipment will be provided.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts, ability to work well with Customers.
- Certifications from Mercury, or BRP is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements.