Pirate Water Taxi is looking for a captain with GREAT people skills for our water taxi service in Downtown Tampa. The captain along with their deckhand cruise a designated route along the Hillsborough River and safely transport passengers while providing information about Tampa Bay. There are 14 stops along the route where passengers can hop on-hop off any of our seven water taxis. Captains may dock the vessel to service guests as frequently as every 5 minutes during their shift.
Responsibilities include safe docking and egress at each stop, boat cleanup at the end of the day and boat maintenance. An integral part of this position is to interact with the passengers. You must have a welcoming personality and be engaging with the travelers along the route.
- Captains must have a 50-Ton license to operate the water taxis.
- Must have experience with passenger service.
- Must be comfortable speaking over the PA system with clear and articulate pronunciation. Captains are required to interact with guests, and deliver narration over a PA sound system.
- All crew members are subject to a Coast Guard regulated drug testing program.
Enjoy complimentary dinner cruise tickets aboard Yacht StarShip Dining Cruises and a matching 401K program (over age 21) after just 6 months!
Typical work hours are 11am to 10pm Sun-Thurs and 11am to 11 pm on Fri-Sat.
Pirate Water Taxi and its parent company, Yacht StarShip Dining Cruises, have multiple opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you available to work a variety of shifts that will include days, nights, weekends and special holiday events?
- Are you comfortable engaging with passengers and speaking over a PA system?
- Are you looking for full-time or part-time employment?
- When are you available to start work?
- passenger vessel captain: 1 year (Preferred)
- ferry or water taxi service: 1 year (Preferred)
- TWIC (Preferred)
- 100 Ton Captain License (Preferred)
- 50 Ton Captain License (Required)
Work Location: In person