- Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all mechanical equipment of the boat and its tow.
- Accountable for all engine room tools and equipment.
- Maintain logs of engine hours, fuel transfers, and other maintenance activities.
- Monitor engine room performance. (EMD, Caterpillar and Cummings Engines)
- Maintaining engine and mechanical logs, including entry of events.
- Participate on dry-dockings, major repairs and overhauls.
- Direct transfer of fuels, lubricants and bilge from fuel flats in accordance with company procedures.
- Conduct repairs to vessel engines, generators, and other vessel systems as required.
- Maintain engine room housekeeping through regular cleaning, painting and maintenance.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Follow vessel transfer procedures and all U.S. Coast Guard regulations and requirements.
- Assure safe vessel operations through monitoring and servicing of systems (i.e. engines, steering, electrical, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- Monitor all fire suppression systems for proper maintenance.
- Train crew members in the operation of all firefighting equipment aboard the vessel.
- Assist the captain in conducting fire emergency procedures and fire drills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- 5 or more years of engine room or related experience preferred.
- Able to work 28/14 or 28/28 schedule pending on needs.
- Good working knowledge of marine mechanical systems.
- Good working knowledge of EMD 645’s, 710’s and/or Caterpillar 3600 series engines.
- Knowledge of ZF Marine Z Drive units and Cummings Engines is a plus.
- Skills in the area of electrical, diesel, pneumatics and plumbing.
- Valid driver's license.
Marquette offers great pay, health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match, holiday pay, company paid life insurance, travel reimbursement, short and long-term disability and other incentives.