The Engineering Manager will oversee as well as directly manage component (marine Hull, Deck, structural, steering, plumbing, fuel, powertrain) development projects for all brands of White River Marine Group. This Engineering Manager will lead a team of product engineers and technical support resources that deliver on the respective brand’s value proposition and businesses financial performance. Reporting to Director of Engineering, this manager will work directly with WRMG product development counterparts and supplier partners to ensure the development process and performance metrics are achieved
- Lead and manage an engineering team in developing products and driving efficiency in the development process with key stakeholders.
- Ensure component, system and complete boat compliance with industry standards are acquired through certification/testing.
- Interface with engineering colleagues covering the rest of the boat’s technical systems, design and styling, and manufacturing groups.
- Research new trends, integrate new technologies to drive innovation, and communicate new development opportunities to cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with program management to facilitate product line planning process, and manage product development calendar
- Conceive designs for performance, customer demand and efficient manufacturability.
- Engineer system/component for performance with capability to obtain data from a test property and utilize the data for accelerated testing in the lab and/or in computer simulation.
- Conduct and evaluate product system design for performance, durability, extreme usage, floatation, weight, etc.
- Provide manufacturing with technical support and direction including trouble shooting, key characteristics that must be held to tight specifications and supply 100% traceability
- Perform design verification (DV) and production validation (PV) on product throughout the development process including establishing criteria for DVPR testing
- Review and approve owner’s and service manuals for accurate and complete descriptions and information
- Ensure timely and adequate completion of all engineering tasks within the applicable phases of the project
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering field or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Engineering with experience in the marine, automotive or powersports industries that includes CFD/NVH experience preferred
- Previous hands-on experience in product development from initial concept through to stable high-quality production, to include analysis of developing product specifications, benchmarking, completing product reviews, and managing a portfolio of multiple products in development
- Previous experience of developing and leading a high performing team
- Strategic mindset with the ability to anticipate future trends (related to material, manufacturing technology, and sourcing) and translate them into action
- Solid organizational skills, analytical and planning ability
- Understanding and application of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Lead cross-functional product development team working sessions for your products weekly to ensure clear communication and ownership of issues and all assignments are completed to schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively at all levels of an organization
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining effective supplier and customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote innovation within the team
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% locally and domestically
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!