The Office Administrator is the liaison between the property, accounting, and operations. This role is critical to maintaining accurate financial records at the properties. The Office Administrator provides oversight of the office processes, ensures that financial records are created and maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures and monitors compliance of all Corporate Policies and Procedures by conducting periodic mini audits.
The Office Administrator needs to work collaboratively with the GM at the property. The Office Administrator is responsible for entering all A/P data in our accounting system.
The Office Administrator provides the highest level of customer service in a friendly, helpful manner while accurately responding to the customers’ needs. The Office Administrator projects a professional company image through all types of interaction.
- Manage phone calls, emails and other correspondence related to customer and marina needs.
- Provide outstanding customer service when greeting or assisting customers and vendors.
- Assist prospects with property amenities and rate information for boat slip or dry storage sales.
- Complete monthly insurance audit and contact customers who are missing or have expired policies on file and monthly reporting to home office
- Assist with office supply and inventory purchasing and reporting of monthly inventory counts. Will also assist with regularly scheduled inventory counts for the marina.
- Communicate with lift operators for boat movements and trailer loading/unloading.
- Review monthly financials with the GM.
- Responsible for tenant contract preparation and monthly billing.
- Oversee daily deposits (Credit Card, Checks and Cash).
- Reconcile end of day deposits to match marina management software reports.
- Process AP (coding, submission into payable system).
- Provide GM necessary financial information as requested (daily sales, monthly revenue, and expense analysis).
- Responsible for AR collections and monthly reporting to home office.
- Monitor results of operation vs budget and be able to provide insight for variances alongside the GM.
- Report to Home Office as requested:
- Payables data
- Receivables data
- Prepare regulatory submission to keep all permits and licenses current.
- Must be able to work through a system conversion.
- Annual budgeting and periodic reforecasting input with the GM.
- Work with the GM to help understand their financials, train them, when necessary, on items like DockMaster and Intacct.
- Ensure adherence to departmental and/or operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
Internal: Contact with all levels of personnel at both home office and field locations
External: High profile exposure to include vendors and customers
Work performed and composed of a variety of different tasks, calling for use of judgment and compliance with policies and procedures. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Requires excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy. Manages several projects at one time and
may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees and/or customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of administrative and progressive accounting experience preferred
- Strong ability to develop partnerships with internal clients and others
- Good presentation, facilitation, and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve team, departmental, and home office goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products - Excel a must