- Potential transload capabilities: Accessible by barge, rail, and truck
- Transload services for liquid, bulk, breakbulk, and medium-service transload operations
- Warehouse(s) with heating capabilities
- Over 4 acres of outdoor storage
- Mi-jack and multiple cranes
- 1 barge dock
- 20 railcar spots
- On-site switching crew
- Truck and rail scale
The primary purpose of the Marine Terminal Manager position: lead the operations and business management of the facility, including P&L management, safety management, environmental compliance, operations leadership, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
- Follow written and verbal directions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Must maintain regular, dependable attendance and a high level of performance.
- Learn from directions, observations, and mistakes and apply procedures using good judgment.
- Possess or acquire working knowledge of Watco Safety and Operating principles.
- Support and promote the Customer First Foundation Principals. Regularly coach staff on the importance of these principals and these principals relate to each team member individually.
- Lead large groups of team members and consistently show a high level of professionalism.
- Long term planning – ability to monitor and schedule operations based upon customer needs and available resources.
- Continuously monitor facility and equipment maintenance needs, schedule / facilitate repairs. Keep a continuous improvement maintenance planning list for facility and utilize in-house personnel to accomplish all possible within their skill sets.
- Complete understanding of Watco Foundation Principals with the ability to foster and instill this thought process to other team members.
- Ability to understand Watco safety rules and regulations. To train and enforce these rules and regulations through consistent and frequent safe observations, efficiency testing, SOP reviews and by conducting safety meetings on specific topics.
- Conduct monthly scheduled safety meetings and ensure attendance of all shifts. TS&IC team should be in attendance with the TS&IC team lead participating as a key presenter.
- Terminal manager shall ensure all team members understand they have the empowerment to STOP any unsafe action or task and shall utilize all available resources to support this action and identify safe resolution.
- Constant review of operating KPIs.
- Provide oversight of the operation with SAFETY and ENVIRONMENTAL being the highest priorities next to financial stewardship.
- Lead, train and develop all team members.
- Must be available and flexible to work all shifts as business needs require.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Be able to participate in customer meetings to build relationships.
- Maintain and develop safety culture among all team members.
- Ensure that team members receive the proper training to perform their jobs.
- Routine communication and coordination with other corporate departments.
- Complete all applicable documentation and recordkeeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure team member training and training records are up to date, monitor performance of team to ensure front-line leadership is consistently holding the team accountable to perform to expectations and training and taking corrective action where needed. Do the same with immediate reports.
- Physical ability to board and inspect equipment, barges, railcars, and trucks.
- Participate in safety briefings, job briefings, and any other pass on information from team members, management, or customer.
- Ability to work outside and withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction and follow work rules, as well as take on additional job responsibilities as needed.
- Terminal manager is responsible for Revenue/Expense tracking through typical and current financial processes
- Terminal manager is responsible for controlling costs within the parameters of their respective Annual Operating Plan. Any unplanned expenditure is required.
- Terminal manager is responsible for the quality and efficiency of all maintenance such as maintenance tracking and time and expense data.
- Shall be knowledgeable of all key functional areas that impact the facility and assets financially, operationally, environmentally, etc.
- Shall have a constant focus on improvement of all aspect of the business-operational, administrative, safety, financials and on professional development. Should also focus on professional development of team members.
- Ensure all team members direct and indirect reports receive a fair and equitable performance review in a timely manner during the annual review cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills for a multifaceted work environment.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate and lead in all operational functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational problems.
- Familiar with applicable Federal, State and Local regulatory agency requirements.
- Business degree is preferred but may accept a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Operational Leadership.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License required. (Ability to travel - drive / fly state to state).
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office or the ability to quickly learn.
- Regularly monitor and be constantly aware of ongoing service operations. Regularly engage team members and support the “TEAM” philosophy as a Watco core principle.
- Learn all Watco support software - inventory management / billing systems.
- Learn customer contracts and understand billing terms for services / requirements / liabilities.
- Ability to understand financials and manage the business efficiently / profitably within a budget.
- Review and approve all expenditures.
- Be actively engaged in the budgeting process.
- Regularly review Invoicing to ensure billing rates are accurate per contractual terms and all services performed have been invoiced.
- Periodically evaluate profitability of each operation / service.
- Develop and maintain positive / personal relationships with our customers.
- Environmental, Health and Safety – Monitor requirements, conduct inspections, complete reports, and ensure compliance with all aspects of these programs to include annual training for all team members to be conducted consistently throughout the course of the year.
Machines, Tools, Special Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment Used
- Become familiar with all operating equipment, maintenance requirements of the equipment and operating procedures. PPE, Hi-Viz, hard hat, gloves, steel toe metatarsal, lace up boots, safety glasses, radio, PFD where required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Capital Budget management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Profit & Loss statement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transportation, Logistics, or related industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Rail, Barge, or Transload operations: 2 years (Preferred)
- outdoor work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person