Who We Are
Cannons Marina is a premier boutique marine dealership situated in the heart of the world's finest, most spectacular boating waterways on Longboat Key, Florida. Our excellent customer service and business management enable us to provide a great environment for our people, and make meaningful contributions to our community and to each other.
We live by the following core values: We care, we are ethical, we are driven for excellence, and we are leaders in the boating community.
Who You Are
A team player.
Someone who shows up to work on-time.
You are a highly self-motivated, highly organized, detailed, and reliable individual looking for the opportunity to work hard and apply yourself as part of a dynamic team.
You want to learn and grow while providing fun and memorable boating exceptional experiences for our customers.
What You Will Do
- Provide stellar service to customers while being the consummate team player with your co-workers
- Build relationships with customers and earn their trust.
- Each Dock Hand is responsible for opening duties/daily prep, washing boats, waxing boats, ground clean up, general property maintenance, and all aspects of the full-service fuel dock, boat storage, and the boat rental fleet. The Dock Hand position requires a willingness and ability to assist with any task needed at the marina. Some of these tasks are as follows:
- Excellent communication with managers and all departments.
- Cleans, inspect, and reports on the condition of the service boats and rental fleet.
- Sends out daily rental boats: Commutates and documents with renter/customer: the safe operation of boat, shows customer safety equipment, goes over boat and propeller condition, and location of boat registration.
- Cleans customer boats in for service before leaving.
- Cleans rental boats daily.
- Helps customers at the fuel dock.
- Helps customer at the bait tank.
- Follows safety rules and regulations.
- Daily fuel measurement and recording.
- Contribute towards a healthy, safe, clean, and fun work environment.
- Keeps the bait tank clean and operating.
- Work hours: 8 AM - 5:00 PM with some overtime and weekends.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Duties may change at any time.
- Have good computer skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to take direction, learn, and deliver results
- Background in boating
- Super organizational and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of boats and motors
- Be a Team Player
Benefits after waiting period
- Paid training and certifications
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a valid Florida Drivers License?
- Are you willing to do a background check and work and personal references checked?
- Do you know Cannons Marina is located on Longboat Key?
- boating: 1 year (Preferred)