Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for performing routine equipment maintenance and installation. Electrical, troubleshooting and solving equipment issues and assisting in continuous improvement efforts. Through the project and facility.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Install and modify new and existing electrical equipment according to installation instructions.
- Perform equipment start-ups, installations, and testing.
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Operate equipment to demonstrate proper use or to analyze malfunctions.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in electrical equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and modifications to the mechanical electrical systems as needed
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and technical documents.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose problems and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly
- Knowledge of electrical theory and its application
- Knowledge of safety procedures applicable to working with and on live circuits
- Knowledge of electrical marine construction and maintenance practices and procedures
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Trouble Shooting
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to analyze electrical and mechanical problems and devise and carry out effective plans for repair
- Ability to communicate technical information
- Skill in the practical application of electrical testing devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and install control circuits
- Skills in teamwork and communication including leadership, problem solving, giving, and receiving feedback and time management
- Ability to perform assigned work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems